To truly add value to your home or investment property, it’s crucial to think beyond your personal preferences and consider the broader appeal to the marketplace. Seeking professional advice or relying on your own experience can be highly beneficial in this area. Don’t let the current availability of tradespeople hold you back, because when you have the opportunity to make improvements, it will pay you dividends in the long run.
Assuming you’re ready to take action, here are some impactful tips to polish off your property’s offering and maximize its visual appeal:
- Think creatively and make use of every inch of space, including nooks and crannies that can be transformed into stylish and more functional spaces.
- If you have a larger open space that is offset the main floorplan, consider adding sliding doors to create an extra guest room or bedroom. This will make your property more versatile, add value and be attractive to potential buyers or renters.
- Consider extending your outdoor entertaining area by installing a deck in place of a narrow porches. This is a simple but effective way to make your property more enjoyable and practical for guests. Ideally this is level at exit points to level of the indoor/outdoor experience.
- If your bathrooms are dated such as tiles, fittings or shower screens, consider replacing them with new ones or resurfacing them for a fresher look. This is a small but impactful change that can make a big difference to the visual appeal of your property.
- Don’t overlook the potential of outdoor areas – even unsightly concrete can be transformed with a permeable topcoat or synthetic grass. Doing this on a long or wide area current unsightly adds great visual appeal.
- Take a closer look at your lighting options and how you can improve this. Sensor lights and strategically placed lighting fixtures can make a huge impact on the ambiance of a room and outdoor area. We are also referring to those practicalities of living in the home, consider how that feels for someone living in the home, or other looking to buy or rent it.
By making some quite basic improvements, you’ll be well on your way to adding significant value to your property and attracting more people to your property should you be selling or renting. Depending on your motivations, it may be wise to obtain a valuation and/or rental review before and after making these visual and practical improvements.
If you’re seeking professional guidance on this topic, CP Advisors offers consultation services to help you add value to your property. Get in touch today to learn more.